Re: Failure in "make check" with 7.4RC2 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From ljb
Subject Re: Failure in "make check" with 7.4RC2
Date
List pgsql-bugs
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:
> Wolfgang Drotschmann <drotschm@fgan.de> writes:
>> relocation error:
>> /home/drotschm/.Installation/postgresql-7.4RC2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install//PostgreSQL//bin/createdb:
>> undefined symbol: get_progname
>> pg_regress: createdb failed
>
> Hmm.  get_progname() should be getting linked into the createdb
> executable by way of libpgport.a from the src/port/ directory.
> Can you look at the build process in src/port/ and src/bin/scripts/
> and try to see what went wrong?  The only idea that comes to mind
> is that a wrong (old) copy of libpgport got picked up somehow, but
> seeing that we don't install it, it's not clear how there could be
> an old copy anywhere.

This sounds like the exact same problem discussed in a thread on this
list on Oct 7. In 'make check', createdb picks up an existing 7.3 libpq
instead of following LD_LIBRARY_PATH. As I posted back then, you might
want to try adding:
       export LD_PRELOAD=$libdir/libpq.so
to pg_regress.sh before the initdb command, which might fix it (at least
on Linux).