Re: Optimizer picks an ineffient plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Relaxin
Subject Re: Optimizer picks an ineffient plan
Date
List pgsql-general
What the heck are you talking about?

SQLServer returns the query immediately (milliseconds) where as PGSQL
returns 6 seconds!!
So, yes I would say that SQLServer did it correctly in this situation.  The
optimizer did what it was suppose to do...find the quickest way to get me
the data.
Now if you guys here a PGSQL don't believe it's necessary to change the
optimizer for this purpose, that's fine, but don't start putting other DBMS
down because they DO handle this situation.