Re: Dreamweaver - Mailing list pgsql-general

From HansH
Subject Re: Dreamweaver
Date
List pgsql-general
> Nikola Milutinovic wrote:
>>> We recently purchased Dreamweaver MX and I was a little surprised to
>>> find that one of its pre-defined scripting systems is PHP + MySQL. I
>>> haven't done much exploring of what is actually offered but wondered
>>> whether any one had tried to convince Macromedia to provide a PHP +
>>> PostgreSQL or at least a PHP + anydb.
>> PHP has a shortcoming of NOT having a unified interface to "any" DB.
>> MySQL uses one set of function calls, while PgSQL another. Yes, of
>> course they could add support for another (very popular) DB. But I'd
>> rather feel out their support for JSP/JDBC, which should be in :-)
> Sounds like PHP needs something similar to DBD for Perl.
True, you need to change commands at PHP, while DBD requires only the change
of a parameter.

Doing what he has to do, OP might try to use the standard binary
distribution of PHP at http://www.php.net/downloads.php -PHP does offer
PG-support through an extention module- and use a PHP extension for
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX from http://www.interakt.ro/products/PHAkt/

Just for what it might be worth,

Hans