Re: ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Miernik
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN
Date
List pgsql-novice
In article <27820.1046900280@sss.pgh.pa.us>, Tom Lane wrote:

>> The result is that column x is now a replaced by a column called
>> "........pg.dropped.4........."
>> exists in its place, and now my odbc connections won't touch the table.
>
> You need a newer version of the ODBC driver (one that understands about
> dropped columns).

I see the same thing when I access my table with phppgadmin 2.4.1-2
from Debian, Isn't there any way to just get rid of the dropped column
remains completely? Just as if the column never existed?

Something else then dumping the database, editing the dump file with a
text editor to delete the unnessesary column and restoring the
database.

--
Miernik