Passing parameters to postgreSQL from MS Access 2000 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From ben sewell
Subject Passing parameters to postgreSQL from MS Access 2000
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi guys,
I'm trying to run a passthrough query in MS Access, where the parameters are from the current form. I have setup QueryDefs and can connect to the server, but I'm getting
"Run-time error '3421':
Data type conversion error"

when I try clicking on the button to run the SP on the server. I suspect that it is because the parameters are from combobox's which might be seen as text rather than int4's like I have specified in the SP. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get my PT query to work?

           Dim MyDb As DAO.Database, MyQry As QueryDef, MyRS As DAO.Recordset
   Set MyDb = CurrentDb()
   Set MyQry = MyDb.CreateQueryDef("")

   MyQry.Connect = "ODBC;DRIVER={PostgreSQL};DATABASE=xxxxxxxx;SERVER=xxxxxxxxxxx;PORT=5432;Uid=xxxxxxxxxxxx;Pwd=xxxxxxxx;"

   MyQry.ReturnsRecords = True

   If Forms![frm_MainMenu].[CurrentReport] = 18 Then
    MyQry.SQL = "select * from reports ([Adviser_ID.Text],[Provider_ID.Text],[Introducer_ID.Text],[PlanGroup_ID.Text],[PlanType_ID.Text],[DateSpecific_Start.Text],[DateSpecific_End.Text], Child24.Form.CurrentRecord , Child26.Form.CurrentRecord) as (employee_first_name varchar,employee_last_name varchar,date_issued date,client_first_name varchar,client_middle_names varchar,client_surname varchar,tblplantypes.plantype_group varchar,plangroups.plangroups_group varchar,tblproviders.provider_company varchar,policy_number varchar,sum_assured numeric,benefit varchar, premium numeric,brokerage numeric, comments text);"
    End If

   MyQry.Execute (MyQry.SQL)

I've attached my SP if that helps.

Cheers,