Re: Testing / debuging data import - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Shoaib Mir
Subject Re: Testing / debuging data import
Date
List pgsql-novice
There is this open source tool "mysql2psql" which is bascially a Perl script that can take as an input MySQL dump file and covnert that to a PostgreSQL specific dump file so that you can restore the dump file easily in PostgreSQL.

You can find the tool at --> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/mysql2psql/projdisplay.php

Thanks,
----
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)

On 10/4/06, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org > wrote:
On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 09:03:50AM +0200, Brendon Gleeson wrote:
> Basically what I want to do is simulate a data import (from a file with
> full insert statements and no table creation), I want the offending
> record/line to be printed to stdout with a verbose / helpful error.

This doesn't quite meet your requirements, but have you looked at
pgloader?

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgloader/

--
Michael Fuhr