8.0.0beta5 FailedAssertion (Crash) when casting composite types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From kris.shannon@gmail.com
Subject 8.0.0beta5 FailedAssertion (Crash) when casting composite types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
template2=# SELECT version();                                          version
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL 8.0.0beta5 on
i686-pc-linux-gnu,compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)

3.4.2 (Debian 3.4.2-3)
(1 row)
template2=# CREATE TABLE base (i integer);
CREATE TABLE
template2=# CREATE TABLE derived () INHERITS (base);
CREATE TABLE
template2=# INSERT INTO derived (i) VALUES (0);
INSERT 0 1
template2=# SELECT derived::base FROM derived;

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(typeId == (
(olddata)->t_choice.t_datum.datum_typeid ))", File: "tuptoaster.c",
Line: 830)

Ouch!

The actual case that I discovered this on had extra columns in the
derived table and I was expecting some sort of error message (and I
guess I got one - just a little more extreme than I was expecting)

--
Kris Shannon <kris.shannon@gmail.com>