Re: Postgres Pain Points #3 postgres role - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Postgres Pain Points #3 postgres role
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/11/2016 10:15 AM, support-tiger wrote:
>  Relatively minor.  All docs say to use "su - postgres" - it doesn't

You talking about this?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/install-short.html

That is building from source and shows creating an OS postgres user.

The only other thing I have seen is this:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PostgreSQL

and it shows:

sudo -u postgres psql postgres

--