Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Mingw task for Cirrus CI
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/4/22 16:41, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,

>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2022-03-22 19:00:42 +0300, Melih Mutlu wrote:
>>> Rebased it.
>>> I also removed the temp installation task and
>>> used NoDefaultCurrentDirectoryInExePath env variable instead.
>> Hm. But you're still using a separate build directory, from what I can see?
>> The NoDefaultCurrentDirectoryInExePath thing should only have an effect when
>> not using a separate build directory, no?
> Melih chatted with me about making this work. Turns out it doesn't readily -
> pg_ctl still fails.
>

> The reason that NoDefaultCurrentDirectoryInExePath doesn't suffice to get a
> working in-tree build, is that we break it ourselves:
>
> int
> find_my_exec(const char *argv0, char *retpath)
> #ifdef WIN32
>     /* Win32 checks the current directory first for names without slashes */
>     join_path_components(retpath, cwd, argv0);
>     if (validate_exec(retpath) == 0)
>         return resolve_symlinks(retpath);
> #endif
>
> So even if windows doesn't actually use the current path, and the current
> pg_ctl process isn't the one from the current directory, we *still* return
> that.
>
> Gah.

I notice a few things about the latest file in this thread.

You should set MSYSTEM=UCRT64 in the environment section. Given that,
there should be no need to specify a --host= setting for configure.

If it's not done already, the shebang line in
/ucrt64/bin/core_perl/prove needs to be modified to use /ucrt64/bin/perl.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan