Re: Repetitive code - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aaron Bono
Subject Re: Repetitive code
Date
List pgsql-sql
Each of your queries has the filter xxx >= $dt where the xxx is the first column in each select.  You could simplify the query by turning the unioned selects into a sub-query and then putting the $dt filter in the outer query.

I don't know if this will cause performance problems though.  If PostgreSQL completes the inner query before filtering by your $dt you may be better off leaving the $dt filters where they are.

I know Oracle has materialized views.  Does PostgreSQL also have materialized views?  If so, you could get great performance from your views AND simplify your SQL.

-Aaron Bono