Re: [UNVERIFIED SENDER] Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Drouvot, Bertrand
Subject Re: [UNVERIFIED SENDER] Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 1/25/21 8:34 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 8:48 AM Drouvot, Bertrand <bdrouvot@amazon.com> wrote:

> 3 and 4 were failing because the ResolveRecoveryConflictWithLogicalSlots() call was missing in ResolveRecoveryConflictWithSnapshot(): the new version attached adds it.
>
> The new version attached also provides a few changes to make it compiling on the current master (it was not the case anymore).
>
> I also had to change 023_standby_logical_decoding_conflicts.pl (had to call $node_standby->create_logical_slot_on_standby($node_master, 'otherslot', 'postgres'); at the very beginning of the "DROP DATABASE should drops it's slots, including active slots" section)

Awesome and thanks a lot.

Seems your patch series is broken... can you please `git format-patch` and send again?

Thanks for pointing out!

Enclosed a new series created with "format-patch" and that can be applied with "git am":

$ git am v8-000*.patch
Applying: Allow logical decoding on standby.
Applying: Add info in WAL records in preparation for logical slot conflict handling.
Applying: Handle logical slot conflicts on standby.
Applying: New TAP test for logical decoding on standby.
Applying: Doc changes describing details about logical decoding.

Bertrand

Attachment