Re: postgreSQL users = LDAP users? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Daniel Seichter
Subject Re: postgreSQL users = LDAP users?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,
thank you for you links, I will take a look to it.

Daniel
--
postgreSQL on Netware - the red elephant
http://postgresql.dseichter.org

-- you wrote ---
Look at this
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/samba-ldap-advanced.php
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/ldap-auth2.php
if you only want to sync users, and not any information regarding them. If
you would want more then:
You'll have to use the ODBC based sql backend for ldap (VERY SLOW  ), and
connect using postgres, or whatever your database superuser is. You will
need to create some tables and views, tables containing ldap specific
things, see: http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ldap_pg/HOWTO/
and views which unify the former with pg_shadow information.

I wish you the best luck in succeeding this  !

Best Regards

Geza Gemes