Re: Performance Tuning - Any easy things that I can do ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Performance Tuning - Any easy things that I can do ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4 February 2010 15:54, Wang, Mary Y <mary.y.wang@boeing.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I restored my database.  However, I noticed performance is poor as compared to before.
> Are there some easy things that I can do to improve the performance (besides rewriting the code)?
>
> My pgversion is 7.1.3 (I know, I know that I need to upgrade).

Need to upgrade?  That's a bit of an understatement.  If you're able
to do so, I'd strongly recommend it as PostgreSQL has dramatically
improved in every area since then.

I think you'll need a PostgreSQL veteran to help you out there.  All I
can think of is you take a look at the earliest available
documentation (7.2 from what I can tell) and try looking into those
settings: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.2/static/runtime-config.html

Regards

Thom