Re: Feature request: context menu column sorting - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Feature request: context menu column sorting
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 3 February 2010 12:22, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> Setting the background colour isn't the issue, it's adding an icon to
> indicate the sort direction which is the most valuable indicator imho.

Yes, and when you pointed out that I could right-click a cell and
select sorting options there, I found the sort I selected had no
effect, due to the fact that the first column was sorted by default
(probably because it's the primary key or something).  I consider this
to be a gotcha.  And yes, it's not clear what the active filters are,
or what order they are being applied in.  If there were some way to
provide visual feedback on this, it would be helpful.  Maybe something
like adding an extra textual row within the header to indicate the
current filters and their order?

Like:

id         name              age
int        varchar(64)      int
asc(1)                        desc(2)

Although this isn't as elegant a solution as I'd want personally.

Thom