Re: date_trunct() and start of week - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: date_trunct() and start of week
Date
List pgsql-general
2009/11/26 Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>
Hi,

while using date_trunc('week', some_date) to get the date of the first day of the week I noticed that it was working as expected: Monday is considered the start of the week.
I assume this depends on some locale setting, but I can't figure out which it is, so I can make sure this is not "accidently" changed. I tried changing LC_TIME (American_America) but that still returned Monday as the first day (my understanding is that in the States Sunday is considered the start of the week)

Any pointers are appreciated (did I miss it in the manual?)

Regards
Thomas

Actually I think I misunderstood your post.  You're looking for the *date* of the first day of the week, not the day.  My bad. :)

Thom