Re: Transparent column encryption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Transparent column encryption
Date
Re: Transparent column encryption  (vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>)
Re: Transparent column encryption  (Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 21.12.22 06:46, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> And another update.  The main changes are that I added an 'unspecified'
> CMK algorithm, which indicates that the external KMS knows what it is
> but the database system doesn't.  This was discussed a while ago.  I
> also changed some details about how the "cmklookup" works in libpq. Also
> added more code comments and documentation and rearranged some code.
>
> According to my local todo list, this patch is now complete.

Another update, with some merge conflicts resolved.  I also fixed up the
remaining TODO markers in the code, which had something to do with Perl
and Windows.  I did some more work on schema handling, e.g., CREATE
TABLE / LIKE, views, partitioning etc. on top of encrypted columns,
mostly tedious and repetitive, nothing interesting.  I also rewrote the
code that extracts the underlying tables and columns corresponding to
query parameters.  It's now much simpler and better encapsulated.

Attachment