Re: how do I do dump and restore without bugging with constraint? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Net Tree Inc.
Subject Re: how do I do dump and restore without bugging with constraint?
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Re: how do I do dump and restore without bugging with constraint?  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Why am I keep getting error with version issues.... I am trying to restore a backup file from a 8.4 postgresql server to a 8.3 postgresql server.

[postgres@localhost ~]$ pg_restore -C -d postgres -i isamdb.backup
pg_restore.bin: [archiver] unsupported version (1.11) in file header

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
"Net Tree Inc."  wrote:

> When I do restore it shown alot errors related with constraints.
> How can I dump and to restore from old to new without dealing with
> constraint and just forces data dump to where it suppose to belong?

What version are you dumping from and to?  Exactly what errors are
you getting?  (Copy and paste samples, please.)

You might want to review this page:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

-Kevin

--