Re: pgsql: JSON_TABLE - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: pgsql: JSON_TABLE
Date
Re: pgsql: JSON_TABLE  (Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@postgrespro.ru>)
List pgsql-committers
Op 04-04-2022 om 22:23 schreef Andrew Dunstan:
> JSON_TABLE

Great that this is now committed!

I notice one changed item: the NESTED-PATH-phrase does not accept an
alias anymore.  The JSON_PATH v59 patches still had:

| NESTED PATH json_path_specification [ AS path_name ]
   COLUMNS ( json_table_column [, ...] )

My complaint is only half-hearted because I don't really understand what
the use of such nested-path aliases are.  But it's a change from the
earlier patch, and the nested-path aliases are used too in the
2017-03 'Technical report ISO/IEC TR 19075-6', which is as near I have
to a SQL Standard description.

FWIW, I attach example sql+data from that .pdf from ISO (which is not
online anymore).

Thanks,

Erik Rijkers

Attachment