Re: [GENERAL] 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sibte Abbas
Subject Re: [GENERAL] 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> I guess what we need to do is hack the emergency-recovery path for
> error-during-error-processing such that it will prevent trying to print
> a very long debug_query_string.  Maybe we should just not try to print
> the command at all in this case, or maybe there's some intermediate
> possibility like only printing the first 1K or so.  Thoughts?
>
>                         regards, tom lane

I think printing the first 1K would make more sense.

If I understand you correctly, the code path which you are referring
to is the send_message_to_server_log() function in elog.c?

thanks,
--
Sibte Abbas

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend