Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 17.05.24 00:13, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So a third status that encompasses the various other situations like
>> maybe forgotten by author, disagreements between author and reviewer,
>> process difficulties, needs some senior developer intervention, etc.
>> could be helpful.
>
> Hmm, "forgotten by author" seems to generally turn into "this has been
> in WOA state a long time".  Not sure we have a problem representing
> that, only with a process for eventually retiring such entries.
> Your other three examples all sound like "needs senior developer
> attention", which could be a helpful state that's distinct from "ready
> for committer".  It's definitely not the same as "Unclear".

Yeah, some fine-tuning might be required.  But I would be wary of
over-designing too many new states at this point.  I think the key idea
is that there ought to be a state that communicates "needs attention
from someone other than author, reviewer, or committer".