Re: Alternate methods for multiple rows input/output to a function. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Alternate methods for multiple rows input/output to a function.
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 5/28/19 7:36 AM, RAJIN RAJ K wrote:
> --> Function ' filter_id ' filters the ID's based on some conditions.
> --> Input is set of ID's. (Not directly taking the input since there is
> no provision to pass multiple rows to a function)

To be honest I cannot follow what you are trying to achieve below. I do
have one suggestion as to creating temp tables.

Why not use a  CTE:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/queries-with.html

in the function to build a 'temp' table on the fly?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com