Re: Broken postgres links need to find callers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Broken postgres links need to find callers
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/31/18 1:09 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> What does:
>> pg_ctl --version
>> show?
>
> # pg_ctl --version
> pg_ctl (PostgreSQL) 10.3
>
>> So when you added the new application did you make any other changes?
>
>    I did not add another application; grass has been installed here for
> decades. Because I could not connect to the postgres database for a spatial
> project it was suggested that I expand the listen_addresses to include the
> server name, too.
>
>> At this point you need to get back to two discreet Postgres installs
>> 10.2 and 10.3.
>
>     I did not have two distinct installations of postgres, only the 10.3
> version. It was some of the directories labeled 10.2/ that seem to be the
> issue.

Are there actually 10.2/ directories or is that just what you are seeing
in the error messages and the pg_config output?

>     When I run pg_config --configure this is the result:

Previously you used:

/usr/lib/postgresql/10.3/bin/pg_config

is that the same as below?:

> # ./pg_config --configure

In other words what does:

./pg_config --version

show?

> me. And why psql worked without issue from the upgrade date of March 1 to
> today with this inconsistency also puzzles me.

Did the server been running continuously from the upgrade to the time
you made the listen_addresses change?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com