Re: How to clone a table so that primay and foreign keys remain - Mailing list pgsql-general

From William Leite Araújo
Subject Re: How to clone a table so that primay and foreign keys remain
Date
List pgsql-general

   http://www.alberton.info/postgresql_meta_info.html

2006/11/24, Andrus < eetasoft@online.ee>:
I need to clone a schema in a database programmatically.
Using pg_dump.exe to dump chema in plain text, then rename old schema and
after that
use pg_restore.exe to restore schema is slow since I need to clone data only
in some smaller tables.
Most of tables should be cloned without data.

To start this I think I need to clone all schema tables first.

How to create copy of table so that  primary keys and foreign keys
relationships remain ?

I tried

CREATE TABLE clone AS SELECT * FROM original

But this creates plain table.

Any idea ?
Or where to find sample (simpler that pgAdmin or pg_dump source code) which
re-constructs statements to create primary and foreign keys ?

Andrus.

               http://archives.postgresql.org/

--
William Leite Araújo
Analista de Banco de Dados - QualiConsulte