pgadmin 4 v1.5 - Import CSV - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Kenny
Subject pgadmin 4 v1.5 - Import CSV
Date
List pgadmin-support

First off ... I'm a newbie so please feel free to suspect anything I say as incorrect.

Here's what I think I know.

I'm running Ubuntu Server 16.04

To install I created a user pgadmin

cd
virtualenv pgadmin4
cd pgadmin4
source bin/activate
wget https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v1.5/pip/pgadmin4-1.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl
pip install ./pgadmin4-1.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl

It asked me for a username/password during setup.

I changed nothing else and can run the webserver as follows:

python ~/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.py

I can access the application as expected at 127.0.0.1:5050.

So without changing anything else or creating a config_local.py or running setup.py ... everything seems working?

I can make tables, perform queries ... and it's beautiful btw!

I uploaded a CSV ... and the file was placed in:

/home/pgadmin/.pgadmin/storage/pgadmin

I tried to import that same file thru pgadmin and got an error that I just don't know what to do with.

snippet:
"/usr/bin/psql/psl" -command ... blablabla ... FROM '<STORAGE_DIR>/abbr.csv'

It looks to me like the <STORAGE_DIR> replacement variable is just not being replaced?

-please see attached (if I can attach an image that is ... we'll find out!) -

Thanks!

Attachment