Re: plperl and plperlu language extentsions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: plperl and plperlu language extentsions
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/28/2018 12:21 PM, Niles Oien wrote:

> I got it working, although I found it a bit odd. Although "yum list"
> showed postgresql10-plperl.x86_64 as being installed, in fact :

I don't use RH based systems much so I failed to catch it earlier. From
your earlier post:

# yum list | grep postgres | grep perl
postgresql-plperl.x86_64                  9.2.23-3.el7_4
base
postgresql10-plperl.x86_64                10.4-1PGDG.rhel7
pgdg10

http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumCommands

"   yum list

     By default 'yum list' without any options will list all packages in
all the repositories and all the packages installed on your system.
Note: 'yum list all' and 'yum list' give the same output.
"

So you where seeing packages in the repo's that where not installed yet
as well as any that where installed.

If I am following you need to use:

yum list installed

to see only installed packages.