RE: visibility map corruption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Floris Van Nee
Subject RE: visibility map corruption
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> I wonder if it's related to this issue:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-
> id/20210423234256.hwopuftipdmp3okf@alap3.anarazel.de
>
> Have you increased autovacuum_freeze_max_age from its default? This
> already sounds like the kind of database where that would make sense.

autovacuum_freeze_max_age is increased in our setup indeed (it is set to 500M). However, we do regularly run manual
VACUUM(FREEZE) on individual tables in  the database, including this one. A lot of tables in the database follow an
INSERT-onlypattern and since it's not running v13 yet, this meant that these tables would only rarely be touched by
autovacuum.Autovacuum would sometimes kick in on some of these tables at the same time at unfortunate moments.
Thereforewe have some regular job running that VACUUM (FREEZE)s tables with a xact age higher than a (low, 10M)
thresholdourselves.