[HACKERS] Re: Authentication tests, and plain 'password' authentication with aSCRAM verifier - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject [HACKERS] Re: Authentication tests, and plain 'password' authentication with aSCRAM verifier
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/14/2017 03:43 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> +       /*
> +        * The password looked like a SCRAM verifier, but could not be
> +        * parsed.
> +        */
> +       elog(LOG, "invalid SCRAM verifier for user \"%s\"", username);
> This would be sent back to the client, no? I think that you should use
> *logdetail as well in scram_verify_plain_password.

No, LOG messages are never sent to the client. Well, unless you have
client_min_messages='log', but then all the LOG messages with details
would be sent to the clients anyway. (We don't process the GUCs from the
startup packet until after authentication, so an unauthenticated user
cannot set client_min_messages='log').

Committed, thanks.

- Heikki