Re: Responsive images in pgweb docs - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Responsive images in pgweb docs
Date
List pgsql-docs
> Here is a patch to improve this a bit.  It turns back on making the SVG
> images in the HTML output scale with the page size.  I also added some
> CSS stuff to make the width 75% on large screens for a more pleasing look.
>
> This fixes it for the gin image.  The pagelayout image still doesn't
> scale, presumably for the reasons you identified inside the SVG code.

Tested against the local patch I have for pgweb for importing the docs
with appropriate classes. The GIN SVG does indeed scale properly, thanks!

As you mention, pagelayout still does not properly scale as it needs the
fix to scale.

Given you kept the gin.svg as is and that has some of the widths on it,
I'd propose we just add the viewbox on pagelayout.svg, i.e.

    viewBox="0.00 0.00 610.00 210.00"

Fix attached. I tested this in both the HTML build and with the import
into pgweb with new patch, and it scaled correctly.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment