EnterpriseDB-xDBReplicationServer java process on OS X. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From piscesboy
Subject EnterpriseDB-xDBReplicationServer java process on OS X.
Date
Re: EnterpriseDB-xDBReplicationServer java process on OS X.  (Vibhor Kumar <vibhor.kumar@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-general
I have a process called "java" showing up in my Activity Monitor that
uses a good amount of CPU (4 - 8% average, 100 - 120% on occasion). It
reports that "launchd" is its parent process and that postgres is its
user.

I did a ps axv|grep java and found out that it is the edb-
repserver.jar doing something periodically that consumes lots of
memory every few seconds. This is part of my replication server backup
strategy.

Is there an easy way to turn this off until I need it? I don't run my
postgreSQL server a lot of the time, and having this process run
constantly wastes cpu cycles and memory. I want to turn it off until I
actually have my postgreSQL server running.