Re: jsonb and where clause? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan E. Panchenko
Subject Re: jsonb and where clause?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Bjorn,

28.11.2017 11:18, Bjorn T Johansen пишет:
> Hi.
>
> Just starting to look at how to use jsonb columns and I have a question. I have found out that I can use the
followingto search for a value inside

> the jsonb column:
>
> select * from orders where info ->> 'customer' = 'John Doe'    (where info is the jsonb column)
>

> But what if the jsonb column contains an json array, how can I search then?
>
> info -> [ { "customer" : "John Doe" } ]

If you know the index in array, you can search like
info->0->>'customer'
If you want to search in any array element, you need to use JSQUERY
extension,
see https://github.com/postgrespro/jsquery

> btw, using PostgreSQL 9.6 but will be moving to 10 soon.
>

> Regards,
>
> BTJ

Regards,
Ivan