Re: int4 in a GiST index - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mike Rylander
Subject Re: int4 in a GiST index
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:50:28 -0800 (PST), George Essig
<george_essig@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Mike Rylander wrote:
>
> > I want to create a multi-column index across the tsvector and classification
> > columns as that should help with selectivity.  But because there is no
> > GiST opclass for INT4 the index creation complains thusly:
>
> Install contrib/btree_gist along with contrib/tsearch2 to create a multicolumn index on the in4
> and the tsvector columns.  See the following for an example:
>
> http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/docs/oscon_tsearch2/multi_column_index.html
>
> George Essig

Thanks a million.  I had actually just found the answer after some
more googling, but I hadn't seen that page and it happens to be
exactly what I wanted.

As a side note I'd like to thank everyone here (and especially George,
in this case).   I've been on these lists for quite a while and I'm
always amazed at the speed, accuracy and precision of the answers on
the PG mailing lists.

--
Mike Rylander
mrylander@gmail.com