RE: RHEL 7 (systemd) reboot - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bryce Pepper
Subject RE: RHEL 7 (systemd) reboot
Date
List pgsql-general
Sorry, I wasn't clear in the prior posts.

The stop script is running during reboot. The problem is the database is not reachable when the stop script runs.  The
ctmdistserver shut down is as follows:

   Stop control-m application
   Stop control-m configuration agent
   Stop database

As you can see the intent is for the database to be shut down after the product.

But as you noticed from /var/log/message the stop_ctmlinux_server.sh  script is running but unable to execute the
updatequery.

I created the following Service definition and scripts that follow -- note there are 2 datacenters (ctmdist, ctmlinux)
thathave comparable scripts so I have only included one set:

[root@kccontrolmt01 ~]# cat ControlM_Shutdown.service
[Unit]
Description=Run mycommand at shutdown
Requires=network.target CTM_Postgre.service
DefaultDependencies=no
Before=shutdown.target reboot.target

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=true
ExecStart=/bin/true
ExecStop=/root/scripts/control-m_shutdown.sh

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[root@kccontrolmt01 ~]# cat /root/scripts/control-m_shutdown.sh
#!/bin/sh
  # Shutdown any running Control-M services
    STATUS=$(/usr/bin/systemctl is-active CTMLinux_Server.service)
    if [ ${STATUS} == "active" ]; then
      /usr/bin/systemctl stop CTMLinux_Server.service
    fi

    STATUS=$(/usr/bin/systemctl is-active CTMDist_Server.service)
    if [ ${STATUS} == "active" ]; then
      /usr/bin/systemctl stop CTMDist_Server.service
    fi

    STATUS=$(/usr/bin/systemctl is-active EnterpriseManager.service)
    if [ ${STATUS} == "active" ]; then
      /usr/bin/systemctl stop EnterpriseManager.service
    fi
exit 0

#!/bin/bash

# stop CONTROL-M
if [ -f /data00/ctmlinux/ctm_server/scripts/shut_ctm ]; then
  echo "Stopping CONTROL-M application"
  /data00/ctmlinux/ctm_server/scripts/shut_ctm
fi

# stop CONTROL-M Configuration Agent
if [ -f /data00/ctmlinux/ctm_server/scripts/shut_ca ]; then
  echo "Stopping CONTROL-M Server Configuration Agent"
  /data00/ctmlinux/ctm_server/scripts/shut_ca
fi

# stop database
/data00/ctmlinux/ctm_server/scripts/dbversion
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
  echo "SQL Server is already stopped "
else
  if [ -f /data00/ctmlinux/ctm_server/scripts/shutdb ]; then
    echo "Stopping SQL server for CONTROL-M"