Re: Storing blobs in PG DB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Postgres User
Subject Re: Storing blobs in PG DB
Date
List pgsql-general
I recently heard from Josh Berkus that at least one major CMS
application uses Postgres to store entire HTML pages (including image
files) in order to support full versioning.

As a general rule, I prefer not to store BLOBS in a DB- I'd rather
leave the BLOB in the file system and let the db save only a pointer
to it.  However, if you need to store BLOBs in a database, Postgres is
one of the better platforms for it.