Re: How to capture and handle failed INSERT - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Postgres User
Subject Re: How to capture and handle failed INSERT
Date
List pgsql-general
The best answer: RTFM!

I found this example in the docs, although it should really exit the
Loop after 10 failed attempts instead of going indefinitely:

CREATE FUNCTION merge_db(key INT, data TEXT) RETURNS VOID AS
$$
BEGIN
    LOOP
        UPDATE db SET b = data WHERE a = key;