'autovacuum with lots of open file references to deleted files' backfrom 2012 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Evgeniy Losev
Subject 'autovacuum with lots of open file references to deleted files' backfrom 2012
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello.

We are running PostgreSQL 9.5.13 and we faced the very same issue as described in this thread:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/B9BEA448-978F-4A14-A088-3FD82214FFAC%40pvv.ntnu.no
Briefly, we have got heavy update/insert/truncate activities on many tables and we're noticed that autovacuum processes
holda lot of file descriptors to deleted data-files (in sum >300GB).

The last answer from Tom Lane in that thread was:
"So far, my guess is that this is fixed by commits a1f064fc2 + d7598aeea."

Is there any patches/configuration recommendations  to solve this problem yet?

Thank you.

--
Evgeniy Losev
Senior System Administrator