Re: pgsql: libq support for sslpassword connection param, DER formatkeys - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: libq support for sslpassword connection param, DER formatkeys
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 11/30/19 11:04 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 08:45:25PM +0000, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> libq support for sslpassword connection param,  DER format keys
>>
>> This patch providies for support for password protected SSL client
>> keys in libpq, and for DER format keys, both encrypted and unencrypted.
>> There is a new connection parameter sslpassword, which is supplied to
>> the OpenSSL libraries via a callback function. The callback function can
>> also be set by an application by calling PQgetSSLKeyPassHook(). There is
>> also a function to retreive the connection setting, PQsslpassword().
> Windows build is broken after this commit at link time on most animals:
>   libpqdll.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>   PQdefaultSSLKeyPassHook
>   [C:\buildfarm\buildenv\HEAD\pgsql.build\libpq.vcxproj]
>     libpqdll.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>   PQgetSSLKeyPassHook
>   [C:\buildfarm\buildenv\HEAD\pgsql.build\libpq.vcxproj]
>     libpqdll.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>   PQsetSSLKeyPassHook [C:\buildfarm\buildenv\HEAD\pgsql.build\libpq.vcxproj]
>
> I have not checked the build, but it seems like the indentation in
> exports.txt is not right.  Your patch has added tabs for the new
> entries, but spaces have been used up to now.

No, that's not the issue. The problem is that if we're not building with
openssl we don't link in fe-secure-openssl.c. It looks like I might need
to move some stuff from there to fe-secure.c.

cheers

andrew