Finding if a temp table exists in the current connection - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mike Papper
Subject Finding if a temp table exists in the current connection
Date
List pgsql-sql
Is there a way (i.e., access theinternal pg_ tables) to find out if a
particular temp table already exists (in the current connection)?

I have written some stored procedures that check if a table exists and if a
column exists in a table. This is used so I can perform upgrades of our
system (if table doesnt exist, call create table... sql).

I would like to do a similar thing for temp tables.

I have noticed that if another connection creates a temp table, it will
show up in the pg_* tables so that all ocnnections can see the table.

Is there some standard SQL way to test?

--
Mike Papper