Re: create view with numeric data - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: create view with numeric data
Date
List pgsql-sql
Haven't tried it, but if you casted the result of the sum to
numeric(9,2)? Btw: does the ELSE '0' really work? It seems a bit strange
to put a string into a SUM...

cast ( sum(CASE WHEN month='01' THEN budgetvalue ELSE 0 END) as
numeric(9,2)) AS january

Thomas