Re: Python versions (was Re: RHEL 8.0 build) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Python versions (was Re: RHEL 8.0 build)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/01/2019 18:52, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 29/11/2018 16:34, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> After sleeping on it for awhile, I am liking the idea of probing
>>> python, python3, python2 (while keeping the $PYTHON override of
>>> course).
>
>> I think this was the option with the most support.  Here is a patch.
>> I agree we can backport this.
>
> Patch looks fine as far as it goes, but do we need to adjust anything
> in installation.sgml or plpython.sgml to explain it?

Committed with some documentation updates.

I only backpatched to PG10, because before that the handling of absolute
paths vs nonabsolute paths is a bit murky and inconsistent, so I didn't
want to add more logic and potentially confusing documentation on top of
that.