Re: Windows installation problem at post-install step - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Windows installation problem at post-install step
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/22/24 13:34, Ertan Küçükoglu wrote:
> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>, 22 Tem 2024 Pzt, 23:18 tarihinde
> şunu yazdı:
>
>     It would seem to me the process would be:
>
>     1) Create Windows VM
>
>     2) Run the localizer tool in the VM to get the old locale name in place.
>
>     3) Run the installer.
>

> I just tested that and failed at the same step.
>
> My understanding is
> - The installer has localization options to choose from or default
> localization (which is Turkish_Türkiye.1254 in new VMs, it was
> Turkish_Turkey.1254 in the past).
> - I cannot make the installer select something else other than
> Turkish_Türkiye.1254 it is hardcoded in it. So Turkish_Turkey.1254
> cannot be selected in the installer even if it is installed in the OS.
> - Even if I can add a new locale to the OS, I cannot make it the default.

How about taking:

C:\Windows\System32\cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\16/installer/server/initcluster.vbs" "NT
AUTHORITY\NetworkService" "postgres" "****"
"C:\Users\User1\AppData\Local\Temp/postgresql_installer_cd79fad8b7"
"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\16" "C:\DATA_PG16" 5432 "Turkish,Türkiye"

and changing  "Turkish,Türkiye" to "Turkish_Turkey.1254"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com