Re: Array initialisation notation in syscache.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Array initialisation notation in syscache.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 31.03.23 04:16, Thomas Munro wrote:
>  From the light relief department, here is some more variadic macrology:
>
> -       tp = SearchSysCache1(TSPARSEROID, ObjectIdGetDatum(prsId));
> +       tp = SearchSysCache(TSPARSEROID, ObjectIdGetDatum(prsId));

I'm worried that if we are removing the variants with the explicit
numbers, it will make it difficult for extensions to maintain
compatibility with previous PG major versions.  They would probably have
to copy much of your syscache.h changes into their own code.  Seems messy.