Re: cleaning perl code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: cleaning perl code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/16/20 10:20 AM, Hamlin, Garick L wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 08:50:35AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> It would also be more robust using non-greedy matching:
> This seems more important.
> I don't know how/where this is being used, but if it has input like:
>
> /* one */
> something;
> /* two */
>
> With the old expression 'something;' would be stripped away.
> Is that an issue where this this is used?  Why are we parsing
> these headers?

It's not quite as bad as that, because we're doing it line by line
rather than on a whole file that's been slurped in. Multiline comments
are handled using some redo logic. But

    /* one */ something(); /* two */

would all be removed. Of course, we hope we don't have anything so
horrible, but still ...

cheers

andrew