Re: [HACKERS] logical replication - still unstable after all thesemonths - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication - still unstable after all thesemonths
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017-05-26 15:59, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> Hmm, I was under the impression that the changes we proposed in the
> snapbuild thread fixed your issues, does this mean they didn't? Or the
> modified versions of those that were eventually committed didn't? Or
> did
> issues reappear at some point?

Here is a bit of info:

Just now (using Mark Kirkwood's version of my test) I had a session
logging this:
  unknown relation state "w"

which I had never seen before.

This is column srsubstate in pg_subscription_rel.

That session completed successfully ('replica ok'), so it's not
necessarily a problem.

grepping through my earlier logs (of weeks of intermittent test-runs), I
found only one more (timestamp 20170525_0125).  Here it occurred in a
failed session.

No idea what it means.  At the very least this value 'w' is missing from
the documentation, which only mentions:  i = initalize  d = data copy  s = synchronized  r = (normal replication)

Erik Rijkers