Re: Replication Issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: Replication Issues
Date
List pgsql-general
On 28/9/18 9:00 π.μ., bhargav kamineni wrote:
Hi Team,

I have configured replication using slot ,But it failed by throwing the ERROR  pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: ERROR:  requested WAL segment 0000000100002C9D00000085 has already been removed , which is  unexpected because i have created the slot on master first and then issued the base backup command from slave's end
the command is
usr/lib/postgresql/9.5/bin/pg_basebackup -U  user --max-rate='150 M' --progress --verbose --write-recovery-conf --status-interval='10 s' -D data_dir  -h host_ip  -p 5433

Either :
add  "-X stream" to the pg_basebackup command
or
increase wal_keep_segments on the server.

These  are the settings on my master
archive_mode=on
archive_command='/bin/true'
wal_keep_segments=512
max_wal_senders=4
Series of steps i have followed :
1) Enabled password less authentication between master and slave
2)created slot on master (assuming it will store wal's regardless of other settings)
3)started basebackup from slave's end
4)Issued checkpoint at master's end

Here my concern is , slave should recover WAL from replication slot but why i got the above ERROR , Why slot removed  the requested wal file , Could you please let me know the reason why it happened or did i miss something ?

Thanks,
Bhargav K

--
Achilleas Mantzios