Re: Verify a record has a column in a plpgsql trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Verify a record has a column in a plpgsql trigger
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Tim Landscheidt <tim@tim-landscheidt.de> wrote:
>> Any insight on a way I can grab NEW.(colRow.attname) without EXECUTE USING?
>
> Wouldn't it be *much* easier to just have /two/ trigger
> functions? Your "editor" columns probably don't pop up and
> disappear randomly.

or, you could pass an argument to the trigger function from 'create
trigger'...you have to have one for each table anyways, and you could
wrap the trigger creation with some dyna-sql that looks up the editor
field and sets the argument appropriately,

merlin