Re: ERROR: table row type and query-specified row type do not match - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: ERROR: table row type and query-specified row type do not match
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Joseph S <jks@selectacast.net> wrote:
> After adding a date column to a table, I started getting these errors from
> my triggers:
>
> ERROR:  table row type and query-specified row type do not match
> DETAIL:  Query has too few columns.
>
> The triggers just did simple UPDATEs on table2 when table1 was
> updated/inserted
>
> A db restart solved the problem.  I've never seen this before.  Does anyone
> know what could have caused this?  I'm running 8.2.12

did you alter the table?  depending on how the trigger is written,
there are cases where this can be an issue.  Re-planning the trigger
function (create or replace the function source) would have been
sufficient to suppress the error.  8.3 mostly fixes this problem btw.

merlin