Re: uniquely indexing Celko's nested set model - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: uniquely indexing Celko's nested set model
Date
Re: uniquely indexing Celko's nested set model  (Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 10/19/07, Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to constraint both the LEFT and RIGHT fields of a record to use the same index?  I am looking for a
wayto ensure for all LEFTs and RIGHTs in a table, that is it is impossible for any LEFT or RIGHT to have to same value.

I found the celko's approach to be not very scalable...if you do any
inserts at all into the tree the table will thrash terribly.  Have you
eliminated other approaches, such as arrays, ltree, etc?

merlin