Re: POSTGRE CRASH AND CURRVAL PROBLEM HELP! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: POSTGRE CRASH AND CURRVAL PROBLEM HELP!
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/19/07, David Azevedo <davixz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please, i need help desperately.
>
> Im running postgresql 8.1.9 on windows 2003 server standard edition service
> pack 2. intel pentium 4 3.2 - 1 gb ram
> I have 5 databases in this server  and they all have action all day (
> inserts, selects etc )
>
> i have 2 problems.
>
> First, postgre crashes many times in the day and we have to restart the
> service to keep working. i created a log using the database conection class
> with php. when a query makes an error it logs in a txt file. i will show
> here the errors that im getting and i dont know what they mean.
>
> 2007-08-16
> 13:49:43||/labrsangioro/forms/recepcao_temp.php||ERROR:
> could not open relation 1663/1491040/1555634: Invalid argument
> ||update tb_atendimento set total_faturamento='33.6', tipo_desconto='%',
> total_desconto='30' where cod_atendimento=2683

This is coming from the operating system.  What software have you
installed besides the database?  How much drive space do you have?
Are you possibly running your WAL volume out of space?

> Now the second problem.
>
> i always used nextval to insert autoincrement values, and currval to get the
> inserted value.

test this from the psql shell and report back, showing the log.

merlin