feature request: expose sql formatter - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject feature request: expose sql formatter
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
hello all, I have a pie in the sky feature request here.  I've been
looking around for a sql 'beautifier' so that all our ddl which is
stored in .sql files can be cleaned up.  pgadmin has a much better
formatter than the gook emitted by pg_dump...

couple of questions here:
* would it be possible to call pgadmin with a switch from the command
line so it formats an sql file and exits?

pgadmin -f foo.sql > foo_formatted.sql

* the default options are pretty good, but what about improving the
flexibility a bit (for example, sql keywords upper/lower case)?  this
would benefit everybody imo.

if you guys are open this, could somebody give some hints about the complexity?

merlin