Re: backend crash following load command - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: backend crash following load command
Date
Re: backend crash following load command  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
> "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
> > We are getting a backend crash after issueing a load command.
>
> No crash from your example here (on Fedora Core 5).  What platform and
> gcc are you using exactly?  Can you provide a stack trace from the crash?

ok, an update on this.  we actually covered up the bug in reducing the
problem to our test case.  our make system used cp -f to overwite the
.so file in use by postgresql.  interestingly, this will cause a crash
on the .so reload via LOAD.  There may be a perfectly normal reason
for this.

so,
1. compile just about any c function
2. create a function/load it
3. recompile and cp -f over the one in use (cp works ok)
4. reload...crash

merlin